1) Blazer - It's dress up or dress down. I recommend everyone have at least two. A very nice fitting black one and then an oversized one in a fun fabric.
2) Cute & comfortable flats - Don't go for the boring black plain-Jane flats. Search for a nice pair that are both versatile and different. Also, don't skimp on comfort, we walk a lot in PR, be nice to your feet.
3) Tote Bag - When your carrying around a laptop, documents, a notebook, and probably an oversized bottle of water a giant tote bag is a must. PR girls always have everything we could possibly need right in our bag. Pick something nice and streamlined that will go with any outfit.
4) Nice Cocktail Dress - For when you go to the occasional after 6pm meet up or gathering. It should look nice and be flattering but this is not the time to look like you are going to the club.
5) Chiffon loose shirt - Some days you don't want to wear something form fitting. The chiffon loose shirt is polished and comfy. What a win-win.
6) Heels that don't kill - There will be times when you have to brave the little devils. (fyi - I don't actually think they're devils, I love heels) However for work choose a pair that is both stylish and not super killer on those toes.
7) Two Suits - Try to go for one pant suit and a skirt option. Grey and black are the preferable colors and spend the extra to get custom tailoring - it's worth it babe.
8) Simple Accessories - This isn't NYFW so don't get to crazy with the extra bling. Add a nice necklace or a couple of simple bangles.
9) A nice trench coat - If your a little fashion obsessed, aka if you're me have three for the proper seasons. A nice sturdy fabric and warm color for fall, black wool and cashmere for winter and a water resistant floral or bright color for spring.
10) Attitude - The most important part of the way your dress is how you wear the clothes. Be confident in yourself and you'll look 10x better. Have fun with your professional attire and remember to dress the part, if you want to be CEO someday start now.
Happy Shopping. xoxo